Friday, March 13, 2015

A Teapot of Wishes - Paper Crafting

Another birthday came around that allowed me to have fun with gift boxes. It was the perfect opportunity to make another teapot and saucer. I really do like how these turn out and had an enjoyable time constructing this matching set.

Here they are, just constructed with no added details (well the doily in the saucer is extra ;-) ) The paper collection is 'Mosaic Memories' by Recollections. The floral paper reminded me of glazed pottery work.



The  half 'pearl' on the lid handle I picked up from Michaels : 'Songs of Spring' Rhinestones. The colour was a pretty close match.




I really like the handle on the cup. Looks so dainty!



Next I added some florals to both pieces. Just enough to decorate it softly. I always want to add showers and showers of blooms, so I really need to restrain myself.


The cut flowers are from 'Cut Flower Scallops' by Sheri McCulley. I coloured them with alcohol spray inks in an attempt to match the paper colours. I was not successful, although they do blend in well. More of the half pearls and some sequins were the final touches.


Time to load the 'boxes' with herb tea samplers - provided by Compassionate Charitea


Add a few chocolates...and the gift is ready to go!



Yummy goodness inside.






Add a card




and the little gift is ready for delivery-



The teapot and teacup cut files are from SVG Cuts' 'Tea For You And Me' Collection



And the card is from the 'Happy Birthday to You' Collection



The current 'Free With Purchase' gift over at SVG Cuts is 'Feeling Lucky'    




Happy Paper Crafting!

No comments: