This is what it looked like after the first session...then I decided I wanted more blue and definitely darker, so I dyed it again. I used food colouring and basically used all the blue I had and was much happier with the result.
I used Sock-Ease by Lion Brand. Colour way 'Marshmallow' which is near white.
Doing my version of TAAT (TwoAtATime)- two sets of needles, two balls of yarn. Works for me...
Also I divided the fresh skein of yarn into two, by weighing it, and then dyed the yarn side by side by dipping the strings together. So although the 2 balls are similar, they are not the same and that is exactly what I was going for. It is interesting to see how it is striping and how different it looks.
After about 1.5" of k2p2 ribbing I did about 3.5" of double moss stitch. I wanted a texture, without a pattern and I am very happy with the way it is looking.
Turning the heels
I like the look of the gusset and the reinforced heel area. It also makes a bit of a cushion under the heel.
Unfortunately my camera panics at the sight of all this blue...
I am very pleased with how these turned out and how the fit so well. I think I'll keep to the same formula for the next pair, maybe just changing up the pattern stitch area.
This last picture is also pretty close to accurate on the colour.
I knitted along with Jana from Purl Together, following her on YouTube.