Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Test Knit - Mittens #2

At the beginning of March I got yet another chance to test knit a pair of mittens, by the same designer as the first pair I did - Dagmara. (See the first ones here and the pattern here)

This pattern is called 'March Weather' and you can find it here in Yellow Mleczyk's store at Ravelry.

I like the little detail created on the inside of the arm!



And here's my progress on the first night, with 2 pattern repeats completed. Ready to start the thumb increase on the next round.




And the first one done - trying for size!



All done and ready to wear. I think this pattern will make great mitts for men too. I do not like the yarn (Herrschner's Worsted Weight) at all though. There is quite a bit of discrepancy between different colour. This green was quite scratchy to work with although it did soften up after washing, which is good.So not all is lost...I think knitting the thumb in 'knit' would also look nice and the ribbed hand allows for a nice snug fit.


All in all I'm very happy with the result. The pattern is easy to follow and well written. And I just love how quick these are to knit up!

No comments: