Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Year of Projects - Week 13



I'm a little late updating this. It has been crazy here at my place since Thursday, and not in a good way. Except for the 'Pride and Prejudice Tea Party' celebration for a friend's 50th on Sunday. THAT was good fun!

So let me see if I can remember what I did last week?

I finished Test Mittens #4 - You can find details and the pattern HERE on Ravelry

Used more of that Herrschner's yarn, but this one, like the pink is nice and soft and will be plenty warm enough for spring and fall. And for warm winters like the one we just had!
I took a picture specifically to show the inside of the mitt, which is textured all the way through. The mitts are lovely and snug and I'm very pleased with them. The pattern is easy and well written.



Next I did manage to add the buttons to the shawl, so that is now all done and I like the result! For details and the pattern link go HERE





I also finished off the crocheted 3D snowflake early in the week :

Love Knots from this pattern book. I headed outside to find a branch that I can 'plant' in a pot so I have somewhere to keep these safe as I continue my collection. BUT it is spring and between the birds and the wild flowers I got 'lost' and didn't remember why I headed out, until much later/too late. It was one of those weeks.


I was having a hard time showing the details on this as it is so thick and so intricate (but easy to crochet)


I'm enjoying making this collection!

I did not yet get round to updating my project list, but I have been looking for sock patterns and since all the other projects are done, I'm ready for something new. I did have to start the 'smile' project over again, and just this morning found a pattern that will hopefully work for me.


So let me recap my list :

My Year Of Projects  To Do list
My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)
  • I hope to make at least 6 Feel Better Friend Dolls ( the yarn arrived late January) Changed my mind, won't be doing these after all. 

  • I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above) Coming along with 12 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take  while yet, as I need more yarn to make more blocks.

  • I want to knit 2 pairs of socks -yarn bought for first pair, just need to decide on pattern
  • I need to knit a blue/aqua scarf for myself Finished this January 31st.

  • At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to 2 pairs of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have finished it - needs to be blocked), Yarn bought for the first pair of flip tops (yay)
  • Completed 4 pairs of fingerless mittens (all test knits)
  • Set of 12 3D snowflakes, from the book 'Dimensional Snowflakes' Making them 1 per month at least. (3 done)
  • Smile project (mystery ;-) ) hoping the new pattern will work!

4 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the shawl, the buttons are perfect. And the snowflake is gorgeous.

Iris said...

Loving the mitts, and the 3D snowflake is amazing! So beautiful and intricate. how does it keep its shape?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, that's a lot of buttons on that shawl! But you've done a wonderful job - it all looks perfectly even and the shawl doesn't bunch. I don't think I'd have the patience!

The snowflake is also pretty amazing, but it looks really fiddly!

Charne said...

Iris, I 'starch' it with a water & glue mixture. This post explains it :D http://meisiesdoodles.blogspot.ca/2015/02/snowflake-3d-crochet.html