It was a busy weekend, so I never got round to posting this update -
I blocked the scarf and had hoped to add the buttons on the weekend, but that never happened- still 16 buttons to add is not really that much. All in all this project has taken way longer than necessary, but that is how it goes sometimes, right?
The 'Bernat Baby' blanket is all done. It turned out a bit bigger than expected, which is really nice. I'm pretty pleased with the result.
And I started work on a project that is taking a different route from what I originally planned. I was going to knit some with this variegated yarn and some of the dark blue solid that is in the variegated. Upon seeing this irl, I did not like the amount of orange and the yellow of the green, so I'm revising this project. I made a start with some squares and I have some sketches of roughly where I'm heading with it, but will see how it changes and grows from here. Right now I'm thinking of combining knitting and crochet, but we'll see how it all works out. Instead of being a straight forward kind of project it will now be a 'process'
The third test mitten just went live this morning. You can find the pattern for Happy Birthday Mitts by Yellow Mleczyk HERE
This pink ball of Herrschner's Worsted Weight yarn is much softer to start with and I really like how these turned out.
I'll be revising my list for the year this week, adding more projects that I know I'll be doing/planning etc.