Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Christmas Photo Album

Every year over Christmas we take a family picture. This is a 'tradition' we started when our first son was born and we're still doing it, even if we are not able to all be together over the holidays. I thought it would be nice to have a pretty album to house all those pictures. Something can can be a keepsake and also be 'decorative' over the holidays.
I really really liked the look of the Graphic 45 '12 Days Of Christmas' Collection. The papers are beautiful and the little extras charming. Plus - it is not overly cute nor too frilly (for a house with more guys than girls!) I like the traditional colours and the touch of dramatic black is perfect.
I settled on using that for my album and decided to make my own album from scratch. I have some ideas of pages I want to make. I have a line up of idea I found on You Tube and then I found a very nice 'foundational' cut set to get the ball rolling.  The December Album files from Designs on Cloud 9 (these are still available here until the end of February 2015, after that date it will still be available at Michelle Currie's Silhouette Cameo store HERE)

I set out cutting a few pages and a bunch of words , borders and shapes 



I've only just started decorating some of these. It is a long term project, but I'll be updating this as I get stages done. I want to take my time to enjoy the process of making it and being pleased with the end result.




I'll be posting updates to this as I get pieces done.

No comments: