Saturday, February 28, 2015

Year of Projects Week 09

Not much to show as far as pictures go for this week.

I finished the test knit, and will show the pictures as soon as the pattern releases. I'm very pleased with the results, that much I can tell you.

The blanket in progress is growing nicely. I just started on ball #7 (out of the 10 that I have), but really it looks just the same. I may still get used to the thick needles and yarn.
The log cabin block afghan is still on ice until I can buy more yarn to make it bigger.

I did however finish another 3D snowflake -White Majesty- and since this is a project of doing something every month for a year, I figured I'll add it to this list for tracking here too. I will add it to the 'master list as well. Updated and added to the bottom of this post.



I'm looking at what I've done and what I have in the works so I can plan for March. the first thing to finish will be crocheted scarf, then I have at least one 'fun' project to do. Just something for a smile and a giggle. More details on that when I get to it. It is a surprise 'smile gift' for a friend.



My Year Of Projects  To Do list


My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)
  • I hope to make at least 6 Feel Better Friend Dolls ( the yarn arrived late January) -sample one done -the rest are 'on ice' for know, possibly indefinitely)

  • I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above -log cabin block squares) Coming along with 12 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take  while yet, as I need more yarn to make more blocks.

  • I want to knit 2 pairs of socks 
  • I need to knit a blue/aqua scarf for myself Finished this January 31st.

  • At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to 2 pairs of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have already started on it), Started a pair of (fingerless) mittens the third week of February.-Finished- (Ravelry test knitting)
  • Set of 12 3D snowflakes, from the book 'Dimensional Snowflakes' Making them 1 per month at least.
Done :  01 Crown Jewels, 02 White Majesty,



5 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

I love the snowflake!! Your smile project sounds intriguing - can't wait to see what it is!

Sam I Am...... said...

The snowflake is absolutely a work of art and looks very complicated. The doll is such a great idea and I may have to do some of those if I ever catch up on my preemie hats. LOL! They are so cute and what a great cause.
Your log cabin sounds great too...I can't wait to see it. You have some really interesting projects! So glad you're here!

Sam I Am...... said...

I left a comment before and it didn't "take"...just saying that I loved the doll; great cause and would love to see the log cabin and the snowflake 3-dimensional is out of this world!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

White Majesty is awesome! I'm curious about how you stiffen your crochet. I tried sugar water and I tried "Stiffen Stuff" spray but I wasn't really pleased with either. Got any pro tips?

Charne aka Meisie said...

Well I'm not sure about 'pro tips' but in the past I've used epsom salts (soaking your piece in a saturated solution of epsom salts before pinning it out) and my grandma always used sugar water. I've not liked the results I got from using starch, so I just use the half/half mixture of glue and water. Ordinary white school glue. For the 3D's I've been using a little bit more glue than water mix. I like that this mixture allows the item to keep it's shape, without being so stiff that he stiffening cracks/breaks if bumped, it is actually quite 'bendy' but bounces right back. HTH!