Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Time!

The hummers are back...finally! A friend and I were just talking about how slow they are in returning this year. This morning we were watching the Northern Flicker drumming away on an empty birdhouse, when the little male Rufus came for a loooooong drink. It has been a long journey for him, all the way up from Mexico!

I took the picture through the window...hence the slightly blurred effect. I have not seen any Red Flowering Currants in bloom yet, but with the nice warm days were having, I think they will be opening en masse soon.



Well when I typed that this morning, it was warm and sunny...we are back to drizzle and clouds, and some one even mentioned snow for tomorrow, but I don't think the hummers would stand for that KWIM?

ROFLOL.

And I just noticed a female hummer on the feeder. I don't care what the weather is doing, I'm telling you, it is spring!

No comments: