Thursday, January 7, 2010

Up The Mountain

Pictures/previews for this page have been removed due to Designers retiring and stores closing

I was not familiar with this song (by Patty Griffin), until I heard Susan Boyle sing it and it sounded like a pretty good summary of a lot of what 2009 was like, so I figured it would make an excellent intro page to the 2009 album. You know : the ups and the downs : but in there is hope and there is future, fun, happiness!
Jesus never promised us a bed of roses, but He promised to always be with us.


Gypsy Couture (aka LisaMarie) has this wonderful new kit in her store today 'Change of Heart' It has a delicious altered feel to it, something I greatly appreciate.

and here is my page :

I enjoy making altered books in real life, you know with paint and glue and 'stuff' and have been wanting to get into digi altered as I like the idea that stuff don't crawl out of the cupboards threaten to overwhelm me all the time. You know I think I have enough accumulated 'treasures' to keep a group of ladies in supplies for making a project each (hey! maybe that is an idea?) BUT I really don't want to keep on hoarding stuff, now how else will I get to make my fun stuff then? Why digital of course!!! So I'm going to give it a try and see how I make out. I may hate it, I may love it....won't know till I try, right?

It is almost weekend again...wow! Have a good one!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well hun, that's just about the sweetest thing ever for you to put my layout on your blog! I absolutely love your page and the lyrics gave me chills. I am also a believer, so I pray for God's richest blessings over your life this year. HUGS and hope to get to know you better!

Charne said...

Aw cheryl, thank you sweetie!..and many blessings to you too! :-)

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

"Horders r Us!", Meisie.
I know how you feel and I feel the same way sometimes, *overwhelmed* and not enough time to do all I want. So you do what you can do, when you can do it...and know there are a lot of people that care about you too.
Like me. :)

Lovely lyrics ,btw, I don't know that song.

xxx kusjes,
Judy