Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Colouring - Dr Seuss

I enjoy colouring in all the books I have, but this is the only one that has me chuckling while doing so. It is a delight to study all these goofy characters up close as the pencil colours the shapes and details. One simply sees so much more than when you are just reading a story book.

We found this one at our local Costco, and decided to pick it up just because it is so goofy and it makes for cheap enough giggles.

https://www.amazon.ca/Dr-Seuss-Colouring-Book/dp/0008216592/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508794816&sr=8-2&keywords=dr+seuss+colouring+book


This was the first page I tried, and soon enough realised that wet media and this paper and not good friends ... but the Crayola pencils play very nicely with the smooth white paper.



This took a really long time to do and the night sky was not quite what I had planned, but many chuckles later and it is still a fun, bright page.



Instead of just adding a load of colour on Horton's page, I decided to spill just a small amount of green onto the left page, with all the attention on Horton.






A landscape of quirky houses...






More pages to come sometime soon...

No comments: