Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thank You Thank You !

I get so excited when I pull a parcel out of the mail box. Especially if it is a surprise from a friend! ( I mean getting something you ordered is very nice too, but you know what I mean, right?)

Just before Christmas I got such a fab surprise in my mail box and decided to send my friend a 'proper' thank you.

While I was making one...I figured I'd make an extra. Besides I had such a hard time deciding on just one set of colours!



I used the (free) 'Awwww Thanks!' digital stamp from Tiddly Inks. It is such a cute image, and just right for my friend, who loves flowers!

The idea of the split papers/back ground came from Therese over at 'Lost In Paper' I thought her Penny Black Cat just adorable.




For my cards I changed it up just a bit, but kept the basic idea. I also printed the strip of repeated 'thank you' words onto the card bases. The thank you banners and images were all printed at the same time. For the 'bluish' image I traced over the lines again with black pen. I decided to leave the other image in the printed 'grey' lines. In the end I like both versions equally. That does NOT help me to know what to do next time though...to trace or not to trace. Sigh...





The images were coloured with water colour pencils and I cut the hair to make 'clumps' which I can manipulate just a little to add dimension. The girls as well as the bottom embossed panels are popped up with foam tape. Adding the sentiment banner with a stapler also allowed me to curve it to add interest.





I'm entering these cards into the current "Thank You" challenge (#174) over at Tiddly Inks. Come on over, take a look and join in!



4 comments:

KalySto said...

Such cute and girly cards!
Thank you for playing with us at the Tiddly Inks Challenge!
Smiles!
KalySto

Kecia said...

She's so sweet! Such adorable cards you've made! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks! Good luck!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

They are both so cute and I love how she appears to be standing behind with her flower gift, too adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks for the "Thank you" challenge, best of luck to you :)

Buttercup said...

This card are the 3-D effects are too cool! Thank You for joining us at Tiddly Inks!