Sunday, October 6, 2019

Jigsaws- Oldies and Goodies!

I took a trip down memory lane when I recently dug out these old jigsaws to do them again. I'm not sure how old they are. To me they have just always been around and my older sisters could not help me with dates, but we are looking at late 50's or early 60's for sure.





They are both around 500 pieces. I had to leave the boxes behind when I brought them home as my poor suitcase just could fit one more bulky thing, but I am so glad I did bring them 'home' to be with me!

The village scene is missing 2 pieces...



Both marked which is interesting, probably my Mom did that. At least one knows not to go on looking for that piece!



Just look at all the detail in this charming scene.




This snowy image had me dreaming for weeks of snow. I was convinced there is nothing prettier in the world than snow and could not wait to experience it. Turned out it took a couple of decades before I eventually did, but to this day I love snow!

This one is only missing one piece. I still remember how impossibly difficult I used to find this puzzle!



Charming little detail...



Some pieces individually, are impossible to guess what they may be a part of!



Most enjoyable puzzling...to be repeated at least annually!


1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Love the puzzles! Bernhard thinks the skiing one might be central to eastern Switzerland. 50s?