Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Crocheting - 'Woven' Blanket

It has been many years since I first used this pattern so it was really nice to give it another go this year!

The first step is to crochet a grid. I chose to do it in the 3 colour striped pattern of the original design. The pattern dates from the late 70's if I remember correctly, or maybe 1980, as that was about the time I made one in very similar colours to the pattern picture from the magazine.



The first grid layer, ready to add the second one in 2019 colours... LOL




One does exactly the same 1ks, dc in dc (or 1ks treble into treble) repeat, only this time the dc (trble) is woven around the dc (trble) in the previous layer. The result is a woven look and a blanket that is double thick, soft and squishy!




I love how it turned out. I used Bernat Premium and a 4mm hook. The yarn is very nice and soft and the colours beautiful,  but some of the yarn was very lumpy with uneven patches. Did not inspire confidence in me to make something I expect to last a long time, or put a ton of effort into. Fine for my blanket though!


No comments: