Friday, April 24, 2020

Puzzle Challenge - Scherenschnitt

I was so excited when I pulled this one out of the gift packaging it was carefully wrapped in. It had travelled far, was a complete surprise and so much appreciated.




Then I got to looking at it closely and thought ' Oh my!' I knew this would not be the easiest of jigsaws to assemble. And I was right, BUT I did underestimate how much I would enjoy doing this!
Which is of course a very pleasant discovery and I'm glad to say this is going into the collection to stay. It's a keeper for sure.



I did get help from my son who loves to find out 'where does this one go?'




He doesn't usually join me doing puzzles, but he cannot resist helping out with a request like that! I made ample use of his assistance with this one.





Towards the end I was faced with a pile of pieces with squiggly lines going nowhere in particular, at which point I decided to sort the pieces by shapes and that helped me to wrap it up much quicker than expected.




All done and very satisfying.




I particularly liked these musicians



These critters....


...and of course these chickens!



I found the puzzle quality to be good, the box is sturdy and the pieces smooth with a matt finish.


Thank you again my Friend...you know who you are...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Ha! I just finally found time to browse through some of your lovely posts! My goodness, what I've been missing for TOO, TOO long!! :-) I'm absolutely amazed about ALL of your puzzles, and this one, I think might have given me a headache... hope you missed that side-effect :-/ And I almost think I should apologize, although I have seem some other puzzles on these posts that are, it seems, flabergastingly difficult!! ( I DO like my new word, don't you?). Really, with your love for colour!! I think there should be a colour version of Scherrenschnitte puzzles - although the authentic note would fly away. Look forward to seeing whatcha do next :-) Hugs