Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Ruby Geranium - Puzzling

What a lovely image for a puzzle! I am very fond of hummingbirds and liked this picture very much. Although I purchased it last year, I only got round to doing it recently. It is called 'Ruby Geranium' and I found this one on Amazon. I could only locate one copy there, and none on the Cobble Hill website itself. Whether it is still available I couldn't tell.

It was an enjoyable build for sure even if the red got tricky at times. Being a Cobble Hill the quality was good, I love the linen finish of the pieces, the beautiful saturated colours and the random cut of the pieces. I did notice that the cut on this is different from the more recent Cobble Hills I've done, but I liked it just as much.


After building the outer edge I started on the inside areas by picking out the easy to find bits, and assembling that as far as possible.





I don't usually sort the pieces into trays to work from just because it is not practical to do in the space where I puzzle, however I do a 'general sorting' when there are large areas of similar colours that looks something like this -




Once I have separate piles I will take one colour pile at a time and assemble from there.
In this case I started with the green pile and at the bottom of the image working my way up, before starting on the reds, again working from the bottom up. It is always so nice to discover pieces for other areas, such as the birds, while assembling a leaf or flower!




And a couple of close-ups on those adorable feisty little birds.






These images also show the difference in the random cut, compared to the image of the American Goldfinch in the bottom image ( Sunflowers and Goldfinches - see the post HERE)



Definitely a keeper puzzle that will become one to do repeatedly over the years. I'm glad to add it to my stock of bird themed puzzles and it is a good addition to my  Cobble Hill Collection


No comments: