Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Card - Sending Warm Fuzzies

We had so much snow recently that it made all the sense in the world to me to make a card with snowmen. The set is 'Build a Snowman' by Stampendous, but I've not been able to track it down on their website. Amazon here in Canada did list it at a rather crazy price, so you may be able to track it down somewhere.



I used Distress Oxide ink (Vintage Photo) for the stamping and I love how it turned out. The warmth of the brown looks delicious. Like hot chocolate. Or something like that...
Unfortunately even after leaving it to dry overnight it still reacted to the glitter glue that I added in a few places. I did the colouring with coloured pencils.




I covered the entire inside of the card with patterned paper (Forever in Time), before adding the snowbank strip, which I popped up with foam to make an edge for the easel card to push against. I added some stamped snowflakes too. These are from the snowmen set.




The sentiment is from a set by Hero Arts (with no name)  that I picked up at Michaels recently.
Just some die cut and punched snowflakes and a few more gems and I called it done.




Here's an image of the stamp set - I bought mine a few years ago at Michaels




No comments: