Friday, December 11, 2015

Warm Winter Feet

These are the snuggliest socks!



I found the pattern here : Bulky Yarn Booty, (the pattern is free btw!)and admittedly, they don't look like much at first glance, but when you slip them on, they are just perfect!



See what a nice shape they have? Also  although the ankle rib fits snuggly, it is not tight and slips over the heel very easily. I was concerned that it might be a bit awkward to pull over, so I was very relieved about that.

The yarn I used is Bernat 'Roving' which I found at my local Walmart. It's a lovely yarn, soft, silky and warm. I bought 3 colours for the main 'boots' (1 skein each) and a neutral grey for the finishing. It worked out really well and with 3 colours, the recipients will have no problem knowing which is theirs when these come out of the wash!




Best of all - with the bulky yarn and the easy pattern, these are super super quick to knit.




Go ahead and give them a try! Bulky Yarn Booty

No comments: