Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Blankets, Blankets, Blankets!

What a joy to make some baby goodies again...and so much pink too. Ahhhh that felt good.

After being dropped by a local chain store, that cancelled my order giving no reason at all, on the day it was supposed to arrive no less!... I finally had a box of delicious yarns delivered and set to crocheting straight away. (Yarn Canada coming to the rescue)

However...while waiting for said box to arrive, I decided to use some remnants from another project to knit this 'pixie baby nest' from a book I found in my local library ('35 knitted baby blankets' by laura strut)


The buttons can be undone to allow for easy access into the bag, with only the very bottom third sewn up to form a pouch.

I think the little triangle hood will come in very handy and I like that there is no seam to bother a little head as it rests on it. The tassel is a cute touch too, decorative, but will not get in the way.


And the whole lot folds up nicely to slip into a bag or stroller for a little back-up warmth.


Then on to the pink stuff!

I liked the look of this waffle stich blanket by The Crochet Crowd (free pattern HERE) and I used Bernat Pipsqueak for mine (Cotton Candy) Love how this turned out! It is super soft and although a little heavier than expected, totally delicious! Mama wanted a square blanket so that is what she got!



Mama also asked for a pale/soft pink square one and for that I found this Fast Free, Easy pattern by Amy Solovay.
It really was fast and easy and drapes beautifully. I used Bernat Baby Softee yarn in 'Pink'


And here they all are together, in better light! (it can be very grey around here this time of the year!)
I took myself off for a little visit to deliver them personally! What a joy!






No comments: