Saturday, January 17, 2015

Year of Projects Week 03



Two more squares done on the afghan fr a total of 10. I'm not sure that I will have enough yarn for two more, I'll have to see how far I get with what I have. Then I need to decide whether I want to go to 15 squares, or whether I'll leave it at 12. If I have to buy more yarn, I might as well got for 15. Anyhow the blocks don't look like much on their own, but when laid out with the rest they come more into their own. These two will be blocked tomorrow.


Hmmm that yarn isn't quite as grey as it looks here. It is a sage green...

I tried to get close to this variegated yarn, but wasn't successful, anyhow I did quite a bit more on the scarf. The needles have still not arrived! Yikes and the needle is getting pretty full. I hope I find them in the box when I drop by tomorrow!



I'm also waiting on a yarn order. Funny how long the post can take when you are really looking forward to getting ordered goodies.

Then I made a start on a crocheted gift scarf. Probably won't post pictures until it is done though.

Updating my list too :

My Year Of Projects and 12 Projects in 12 Months To Do list

My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)

  • I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above) Coming along with 10 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take  while yet.
  • I want to knit 2 pairs of socks 
  • I need to knit a blue/aqua scarf for myself Well on the way with this one
  • At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to one pair of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have already started on it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be no length at your afghan, well done on being so speedy. I hope your yarn and needles arrive soon.