Sunday, March 15, 2015

Year of Projects - Week 11





It's been a full week but for once I was able to tick off lots of 'to-do' items on my list. That sure feels good!

The fluffy blanket is getting big now. I joined in ball #9 last night (out of 10 balls) It sure is a snuggly piece of knitting.

The scarf on my list is completed. Just needs to be blocked, which I'm hoping to get to later today. It doesn't look like much now, but with blocking the pattern opens up and it looks really nice. Hopefully I can show you that next week.



The pattern for the second mittens that I test knit has just gone live. Here is my project page and the pattern link. More pictures too. I think this would work for guy mitts too, do you? The pattern is a nice 'neutral' texture...




Test knit #3 is done too, just waiting for release details, but you should be able to see the pictures in my projects.

And that's all for me on the knitting/crocheting front. I am almost finished with the book I picked up from the library on Thursday too. That might just account for a little less knitting this week. <smile>



So let me recap my list :

My Year Of Projects  To Do list
My list is very flexible I’m ‘afraid’ I’m forever changing my mind mid-stride ;)
  • I hope to make at least 6 Feel Better Friend Dolls ( the yarn arrived late January) Changed my mind, won't be doing these after all. 

  • I would like to finish the afghan started early in December (that's the one featured above) Coming along with 12 blocks done. 12-15 for the final count with some borders also to be added. This will take  while yet, as I need more yarn to make more blocks.

  • I want to knit 2 pairs of socks -yarn bought for first pair, just need to decide on pattern
  • I need to knit a blue/aqua scarf for myself Finished this January 31st.

  • At least 3 pairs of flip-top mittens (2 will be gifts) I changed this to 2 pairs of mittens and one scarf (which is crocheted and I have finished it - needs to be blocked), Yarn bought for the first pair of flip tops (yay)
  • Completed 3 pairs of fingerless mittens (all test knits)
  • Set of 12 3D snowflakes, from the book 'Dimensional Snowflakes' Making them 1 per month at least. (2 done)
  • Smile project (mystery ;-) )

3 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

Love the mitts, I think they would work for a guy as well. Can't wait to see the blanket finished (so close!) and the blocked scarf.

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects...and lovely photo's x

Kim said...

I sure love the color of your scarf and the pattern too! Can't wait to see it blocked. Have a wonderful yarn week...
xoxoxo