Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I Love You

Adorable skunks...what better way to say : 'I Love You' They are so cute and I think the black and white colours allow for really striking graphic images. And of course it pairs beautifully with bright red!

I started with a rather plain front cover...giving no indication of what may be inside...





and upon opening it - a panoramic center! It was a dull day so I turned on the flash for this picture. The other pictures suffered from poor lighting.
So adorable with the little one behind the word 'love' floating away hanging on to a balloon. I did consider adding clouds to the background, but in the end opted for a simple, uncomplicated surface seeing as there was already so much happening.
The large 'love' word was cut using a Silhouette cutter and the rest of the letters I hand cut after using an alpha stencil to trace the letters. Old school scrapbooking style!
The colouring is all coloured pencil.




I mean...just look at this face?!?! Cute just doesn't say it.




And just like that...I'm ready for Valentines...now I can concentrate on getting Christmas stuff done...

I'm submitting my loving skunks to the 'Everything Goes' Challenge over at the Art Impression blog. Come on over and join in! Edited to add : I'm delighted to have won 'Honorable Mention' with this card. Time for a happy dance!






The stamp set I used is called 'Love is in the Air' by Art Impressions





2 comments:

Carol H. said...

Absolutely adorable card! Your coloring is awesome! And what a fantastic card design with such a beautiful surprise when it’s opened! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge over at Art Impressions!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really creative! Love it!